Environmental & Ethical Policies
Like all small farmers we are firmly rooted in the local landscape and economy and as such take our responsibilities for the environment
and employment seriously.
- We employ local people and contractors, helping to keep the money and employment in the local rural economy
- We use only fully licensed contract labour, under the Defra GLA system.
We support the local 'not for profit' charity for young people with learning disabilities — Thistles Garden Centre, with the
donation of equipment and materials.
- We are members of SEDEX a 'not for profit' organization helping to drive improvements in responsible and ethical business practices.
- As part of the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme, we are committed to minimizing the use of pesticides and fertilizers.
- Recently purchased woodland areas are being cleaned up and replanted.
- Grass margins and wild bird seed areas are planted on the farm.